BTG Pactual Group is an investment bank and asset and wealth manager with a dominant franchise in Brazil, and a successful international investment and distribution platform.
BTG Pactual Group’s seven business units are:
- Investment Banking. Financial advisory and capital markets services;
- Corporate Lending. Financing, structured credit and loan guarantees to corporations;
- Sales and Trading. Financial products and services to a diverse group of clients in local and international markets, including market-making, brokerage and clearing services, and derivatives, interest rate, foreign exchange, equities, energy and commodities transactions for hedging and trading purposes;
- Asset Management. Management services with a broad range of products across major Brazilian and international asset classes to Brazilian and international clients;
- Wealth Management. Investment advisory and financial planning services and investment products to high net worth individuals, or HNWI;
- Banco Pan. Commercial and consumer banking business conducted through Banco Pan, an independent Brazilian bank that BTG Pactual Group co-controls since mid- 2011. It focuses on anting automobile loans, direct consumer loans and payroll deduction lograns, primarily to low- and middle-income individuals, in addition to middle market loans and mortgages to corporations in Brazil; and
- Principal Investments. Capital investments with respect to a broad range of financial instruments, including merchant banking and real estate investments in Brazil and investing in a variety of financial instruments in global markets, which investments are primarily managed by BTG Pactual Group’s asset management unit.
BTG Pactual Group was founded in 1983 and has operated as a meritocratic partnership since its inception.
Currently, BTG Pactual Group has offices on three continents, and provides a comprehensive range of financial services to a Brazilian and global client base that includes corporations, institutional investors, governments and high net worth individuals.
BTG Pactual has over 2,000 professionals and offices in three continents: South America (São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Brasília, Recife, Porto Alegre, Belo Horizonte, Salvador, Curitiba, Medellín, Bogotá, Lima, Buenos Aires and Santiago), North America (New York, Ciudad de México) and Europe (London and Luxembourg).